Civil / Infrastructure Engineering
Florin has over 26 years of experience in the field of civil engineering, having worked in the field of design, works supervision, works execution, International Financing Institution, procurement and now in the field of contracts administration and particularly, in the field of construction disputes adjudication/ resolution and arbitration.
He deals with all types of construction projects, such as roads, railways (including signalling and automations), ports, industrial and civil buildings, wastewater treatment plants, sewage and water supply and sewage networks, waste water treatment plants, irrigation networks solid waste and subways (metro).
Country experience includes Turkey, United Kingdom, Romania, Estonia, France, Russia, Austria, Serbia, Moldova, Macedonia, Ukraine, Montenegro and Croatia.
Florin has sat as a sole Dispute Adjudication Board member on twelve projects over the last ten years under FIDC forms of Contract.
Florin has regularly delivered training to employers, contractors, consultants, as well as local and central government ministries on FIDIC contracts, Use of Dispute Boards and dispute resolution.
Rehabilitation of over 200 km of existing highway M7, Moscow – Nizhnii Novgorod – Kazan (Noginsk – Vladimir section), FIDIC Pink Book
Rehabilitation of the national road DN1 between Cimpina – Comarnic, World Bank funding under FIDIC Conditions of Contract. The Contract included widening and strengthening of 22 km of four-lane highway, major consolidation works, rehabilitation of five bridges and numerous culverts, four new bridges and extensive drainage improvements.
A21 Trunk road, South of Pembury to Hastings
“Design Review and Supervision of Construction of Deva – Orastie By-pass” and “Technical Assistance for Institutional Support during implementation of works Deva – Orastie By-Pass” – Provide technical assistance to Romanian National Company for Motorways and National Roads, during pre-qualification, tenders evaluations and interviews for two ISPA projects.
Technical Assistance for the Roads and Bridges Enterprise SA (Ro) from Tirgu Jiu, Romania, for the preparation of the technical bid for a 4 years duration framework contract, for summer/ winter maintenance of Gorj county roads.
Technical Assistance as technical expert for the Cornu Town Hall for assessing the technical offers for the open bid aiming at acquiring design services for “Photovoltaic central of 3 MWP for producing electrical power through conversion of solar energy, in the town of Cornu, Prahova County
Contract Management services for JV FCC Construcción SA & Porr Technobau und Umwelt Aktiengesellschaft, for the construction of the Arad Motorway By-Pass, FIDIC Book.
Technical expertise to Romanian National Company for Motorways and National Roads, under three separate services contracts, for evaluation of five tenders for works (5 different procedures) – Alexandria By-Pass, Caracal By-Pass and Rehabilitation DN6 Alexandria – Craiova (3 lots) (under Red FIDIC Conditions of Contracts ‘99) and related works supervision.
Railway rehabilitation works contract – Railway rehabilitation between Mijatovo Kolo (km 313+314) and Mojkovac (km 321+733).
Beska Bridge over the Danube (balanced cantilever) FIDIC Yellow Book
Romanian National Company for Motorways and National Roads , road project DN5 Section Bucharest – Adunatii Copaceni under FIDIC 99 Red Book.
Design and Build Arad – Nadlac motorway, Lots 1 and 2, Km 0+000 – 38+882”.”
Lugoj – Deva motorway, Lot 1 (Lugoj – Dumbrava) Km 0+000 – 27+400”.”
Underground Natural Gas Storage Project, in the salt mines area of Northwich, UK. Overall Project budget was in excess of 410 m£.EPCM Contractor (based on NEC model of Conditions of Contract) and number of subsequent Works Contracts- 11 Works Contracts were based on the General Conditions of Contract for Lump Sum Price Contracts (the RED Book), fourth edition 2001 of the British Institute of Chemical Engineers (IChemE) and 5 Works Contracts were based on the General Conditions of Contract for Reimbursable Contracts (the GREEN Book), third edition 2002 of the IChemE.
Railway Corridor VIII, Rehabilitation of Section Kumanovo – Beljakovce, complete rehabilitation and reconstruction of a 31 km railway line.
GRSP conferences 2001 – 2004 in Romania with presentations;
– Inter-Ministerial Council for Road Safety 2001 – 2004, meetings, debates, workshops;
– 2nd IRF Road Congress for South-eastern Europe, October 2001 in Romania;
– Roundtable debates in the Automotive Fair, October 2001;
– Integrated Emergency Response, September 2002 in Romania, co-organiser / moderator;
– Integrated Emergency Response (follow-up organised by the US Embassy);
– Maritime Safety Seminar November 2002;
– Road Safety Conference – April 2004, Brasov, Romania;
– DRBF Conferences in 2006 – Budapest, Hungary, 2007 – Bucharest, Romania, 2009 – London, United Kingdom, 2010 – Istanbul, Turkey, 2015 – Genoa, Italy, 2016 – Sofia, Bulgaria, 2017 – Madrid, Spain;
– EFCA – SiDIR Conference – October 2008 – Warsaw, Poland;
– FIDIC International Contract Users Conference – December 2008 – London, United Kingdom;
– Regional DRBF Conferences, October 2009, June 2010 and October 2011, Bucharest, Romania
– Romanian Infrastructure Conference 2014 – for Romanian Statutory Contracts Users – September 2014, Bucharest, Romania: participated with two presentations on procurement and disputes resolution.
– The first FIDIC – ARIC – EFCA Regional Infrastructure Conference – March 2015 Bucharest, Romania: participated with a presentation on issues affecting disputes boards effectiveness and efficiency.
– The scientific international conferences of Romanian Society of Construction Law – March 2015, September 2016, October 2017 and October 2018 Bucharest, Romania
– The FIDIC – ACEG – EFCA Regional Infrastructure Conference – 6 – 7 March 2018 Tbilisi, Georgia: participated with a presentation on payments issues under 2017 FIDIC Books edition, from the prospective of a Procurement Expert/ Disputes Adjudicator
– Workshop “A comparison between 1999 and 2017 FIDIC Works Contracts edition” 5 March 2018 Tbilisi, Georgia – participated as speaker
– Workshop “DAB/ DAAB – what has changed and why?” 8 March 2018 Tbilisi, Georgia – participated as speaker
– 2nd Annual Conference of International Court of Arbitration of the German-Romanian Chamber of Commerce and Industry, 27 September 2018, Bucharest, Romania
– “Annual Conference of the European Society of Construction Law – European Public Procurement, Current Issues and Perspectives”, 25-27 October 2017, Bucharest, Romania.
– DRBF Region 2 Conference, 15-16 November 2018, Geneva, Switzerland